Many of you may or may not have seen on my Instagram account that I recently won a $600 giveaway from the beautiful Buffy (Founder of Be Good Organics)
So of course I had to utilize my holiday time to experiment with some of these amazing goodies! I decided to stick to the theme of chocolate (because I’m one of those people) And I ended up creating a successful batch of healthy Rich Cacao Brownies, if you love the rich taste of cacao, then this treat is defiantly for you!
In addition to being healthy, these brownies are also raw, vegan and only require a handful of ingredients!
Alright, so by now you should be feeling fairly… I mean very convinced about making these brownies. So I shall stop with my rambling and present you with the recipe:
Rich Cacao Raw Vegan Brownies
Makes 8 Brownies
1c. raw walnuts
1c. pitted medjool dates (chopped)
1/2c. cacao powder
1/2c. raw unsalted almonds (I used 1/2 sliced, 1/2 roughly chopped)
pinch of sea salt
1. Pulse walnuts in a food processor until a meal is formed
2. Add salt, and cacao, process until well integrated.
3. Add dates individually while food processor is running, the resultant mixture should be sticky and slightly crumbly. If not sticky enough, add more dates.
4. Evenly stir in (not process!) the chopped almonds.
5. Line a dish with baking paper and firmly press in the mixture. Dust lightly with more cacao (optional)
6. Place in freezer for approx 1hr to set, when ready they should be very easy to cut into slices.
7. Enjoy with a dollop of fresh yogurt, add to a shake or healthy ice cream!
Love, Jenny xxx