I don’t know about you, but for me, on those cold winter mornings, when I just want to snuggle up in bed all day, a nice bowl of creamy oatmeal is just what I need!
I’ve gotten quite a few requests on how I manage to make my oats so creamy so here is my recipe, along with my poached pear recipe- amazing!
In addition to this, ensure you cook your oats on low heat, and stir constantly!
Basic Creamy Oatmeal with Poached Pear
1/2c. oatmeal (use gluten free if needed)
2/3c. almond milk (or other milk)
1 banana, mashed
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan, add oats, on low heat (This contributes to making the oatmeal creamy! But if you’re in a rush and don’t mind, then feel free to turn it up)
2. Once water is absorbed, pour in half the almond milk and stir continuously.
3. Meanwhile mash up the banana (if desired) and add to the oats.
4. Once oats begin to thicken, add remaining milk and stir. Cook until preferred consistency is achieved.
1 pear (cut into cubes or slices)
1tbsp. coconut sugar
1. Pour 1/2c. water into saucepan, Once brought to a boil, add pear and half the coconut sugar.
3. Simmer for approx. 10min until pears are soft and coconut sugar soaked in.
4. Pour pear and poaching liquid (nom!) into the oats.
Love, Jenny xxx