It’s crazy how these years of high school have flown past, tomorrow I will be sitting my final IB (International Baccalaureate) exams tomorrow, and in a couple of weeks I will have graduated. I find it so overwhelming, but it really reminds me of how thankful I am of this opportunity in my education and of everything.
So, taking this opportunity I want to thank YOU. Yes, you, for taking your time to read this. It’s because of all your lovely support that I’ve kept going and I’m so thankful for every one of you!
Alright, that’s enough of my rambling, here’s the recipe for my buckwheat porridge. I love the texture of this, I might even go as far as saying I prefer this over oatmeal… If you haven’t tried it before, then I defiantly recommend you do! Let me know your thoughts in the comments or on my Instagram!
1/3c. buckwheat groats
2/3c. almond milk
1 mashed banana (more for topping)
Please remember to soak your buckwheat in water overnight. Phytic acid is an acid present in nuts, grains and legumes. Therefore soaking these foods is essential for proper digestion and absorption of their nutrients.
1. Boil buckwheat in water, for approx 3-4 minutes.
2. Add cinnamon and stir regularly.
3. Once water is absorbed add 1/2 of the almond milk and the mashed banana, stir regularly.
4. Once milk is absorbed add in the remaining milk, cook until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Pour out and serve with favorite toppings (My favourites are banana slices, mixed berries, toasted muesli and a generous dollop of almond butter)
Note: I don’t usually add sweeteners to my porridge, but feel free to if that’s the taste you prefer!
Love, Jenny xx