Many of you have probably read about my recent decision to become a Vegan on my Instagram. I am so incredibly excited about this new lifestyle, and really looking forward to receiving all the amazing benefits! If any of you are interested in reading an update in a month’s time or so, please do let me know, and I will be happy to write up a blog post about it! Now onto the recipe…
There are those mornings when I just want minimal fuss with breakfast, especially now as I am currently sitting my final IB exams. So this is where baked oatmeal comes in handy. It’s quick and easy to whip up (you can even prepare it the night before!) then just pop it in the oven while you’re getting ready in the morning and come back afterwards to devour the amazing deliciousness.
It’s got just enough crunch factor as you bite in, and then you’re greeted with the soft gooey oatmeal texture- it reminds me of cake! Cake for breakfast?! Umm yes please!
What’s better is for those of us living in the Southern Hemisphere, the lovely mixture of spices in this recipe is absolutely perfect for autumn!
Spiced Pear Baked Oatmeal
1/4tsp. baking powder
1/8tsp. baking soda
1 pear (I use Bosc)
Pinch of cinnamon, ginger (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Slice the pear in half, peal half and blend it with almond milk and oats.
2. Cut the other half into slices to decorate- as shown in photo.
3. Pour mixture out into a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients
4. Transfer into a ramekin/ baking dish, and decorate with reserved pear slices.
4. Bake for 20-25min, until top is slightly firm and golden brown.
Love, Jenny xxx