I love experimenting with new recipes especially for breakfast because it’s so exciting being able to try something completely new first thing in the morning.
Here’s one of my variations to my classic Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. However, instead of using oats, I have use buckwheat which is a gluten free grain. If you prefer to use oatmeal then that is fine too.
Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Baked Buckwheat Porridge
1/2c. buckwheat groats (soaked in water overnight)
1/2c. almond coconut milk (or any non dairy milk)
1-2tbsp shredded coconut
2 ripe bananas
1/2tsp. baking powder
1/4tsp. baking soda
1-2tbsp. unsalted peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
2. Pour out liquid from buckwheat and rinse. Pulverize buckwheat and coconut in a blender/ food processor to form a flour.
3. Add a banana and the milk to the mixture, blend. You should end up with a fairy thick texture.
4. Stir in the baking soda and powder and grease your baking dish with a bit of coconut oil.
6. Cut the other banana in half, cut half of it length wise and the other into coin slices. Pour half of the mixture in, cover with a layer of banana coins and nut butter. Cover with the rest of the mixture and too with the length wise sliced banana (As in photo)
6. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top is golden brown and slightly firm.
Love, Jenny xxx