Despite it being winter here, that is defiantly not stopping me from indulging in nana icecream! Though I must admit I do end up shivering with my teeth chattering away by the end of the meal. Which is why I always leave my heater and electric blanket on, so I can dive straight back into my warm cozy bedroom sanctuary!
I absolutely love the colours of neopolitan ice cream, I find they compliment each other perfectly, no matter how they are layered- Also fyi pink is my favorite colour! And not to mention how rewarding the taste is… Don’t believe me? Well there is only one way to find out!…
Neapolitan Ice Cream in a Jar
Serves 1 Small Meal
For the frozen bananas, you will need to cut up ripe bananas and store the slices in the freezer overnight or for at least 4hours prior.
2-3 frozen bananas
3tbsp cacao powder
8tbsp liquid (I used water and almond milk)
1. Add half the frozen bananas and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor.
2. When well combined, add the test of the frozen bananas and blend till smooth.
3. Transfer into a large jar or a couple of small ones. Pop in the freezer to set.
Vanilla and Berry Layers
4-5 frozen bananas
1tsp. vanilla extract
1-2handfuls of frozen strawberries and raspberries
4. Combine all ingredients 4tbsp. liquid except for the berries in your food processor. You may need to manually mix around with a spoon it spatula, if the mixture gets stuck.
5. When blended smooth, remove the jars from the freezer and add the vanilla layer to each jar- using a small teaspoon will help keep layers neat and well separated. Then return jars to the freezer.
6. Add the frozen berries to the remaining mixture and blend till smooth.
7. Finally complete the neopolitan icecream jars with the pink berry layer and serve with a sprinkle of cacao nibs- coconut flakes would be great too!
Love, Jenny xxx