As you have probably gathered by now, I love my bananas! But with all of us experiencing different seasons, it may or may not be too cold for an chilled banana smoothie. Of course giving up bananas during winter wasn’t an option for me, so of course I had to find an alternative.
Combining bananas with creamy oatmeal, the best way to warm up on a cold winter’s morning!
Super Creamy Banana Bread Oatmeal
1/4c. – 1/3c. oatmeal
1. Pour a shallow amount of water into your saucepan and bring it to a boil
2. Once water is boiling add the oats, and turn to low heat. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile mash up the bananas; leave some larger pieces if you prefer your oatmeal with some chunks in it, personally I prefer my bananas well mashed.
4. Add tablespoons full of banana into the saucepan, continuously stirring.
5. Once water is absorbed, pour in more water and another few tablespoons of banana.
6. Keep adding water and bananas until the bananas are all in the saucepan. Adjust to desired consistency- cook longer or add water
7. Transfer into a large bowl and top with more bananas!
Love, Jenny xxx