The unique flavour of “chai” was first introduced to me in a recipe from The Whole Pantry App, I was not expecting the spice and warmth of the taste, but I quickly grew to enjoy (an understatement) this flavour. In the following recipe I added a hint of vanilla to create a balance between sweet and spicy, a lovely burst of flavours when devoured!
Vanilla Chai Spiced Oatmeal
2/3c. almond milk (or other milk)
1 banana (mashed)
1tbsp. vanilla essence
1 chai sachet
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan, add oats, on low heat (This contributes to making the oatmeal creamy! But if you’re in a rush and don’t mind, then feel free to turn it up)
2. Once water is absorbed, pour in half the almond milk and stir continuously.
3. Break open the chai sachet and add it with the vanilla to the oats
4. Meanwhile mash up the banana (if desired) and add to the oats.
4. Once oats begin to thicken, add remaining milk and stir. Cook until preferred consistency is achieved.
Love, Jenny xxx