I’m not sure about you, but the day I discovered the combination of peanut butter and jelly (jam) on toast was a revolutionary day of my childhood. If you don’t believe me, all you need to do is try it, and I assure that you will be fully converted! (Make sure you spread the peanut butter first, trust me on this one.)
I am not sure why I didn’t think of incorporating my favourite toast combination with oatmeal till now… All I can say is that I am very glad I did so!
PB&J Crunch Oatmeal
Use organic ingredients whenever possible
2/3c. almond milk (or other milk)
1 banana (mashed)
1-2tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
1-2tbsp. raw peanuts
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan, add oats, on low heat (This contributes to making the oatmeal creamy! But if you’re in a rush and don’t mind, then feel free to turn it up)
2. Once water is absorbed, pour in half the almond milk and stir continuously.
3. Mash up the banana (if desired) and add to the oats.
4. Once oats begin to thicken, add remaining milk and stir. Cook until preferred consistency is achieved.
5. Swirl in the peanut butter, peanuts and jam after transferring the oatmeal to your bowl. I prefer to leave a few chunks of peanut butter, so I can enjoy that perfect explosion of flavor every now and then!
Love, Jenny xxx