Pancakes, one of my favorite breakfasts of all time, delicious, tasty and so many varieties of flavors; sweet, spiced, savoury… The perfect way to explore ones creativity.
I must be honest with you all and admit that since becoming vegan I’ve struggled to find a pancake recipe which worked for me. But I knew the day would come when I did find it and here it is!
Basic Healthy Vegan Pancakes
1/3c. wholemeal flour (or any choice of flour)
1/3c + 1tbsp. non- dairy milk
1/2 small-medium banana
1/2tsp. baking powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Ensure that the banana used is ripe and mashed so there are no chunks.
2. Heat pan on low heat and grease with oil (e.g. coconut or olive oil). Dollop desired amount of batter onto the pan- depending on how large you prefer your pancakes and shape into a circle.
3. When small bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancake, carefully flip it over and remove from pan when both sides have been well cooked.
4. Continue cooking until all batter has been used up.
5. Add your favorite toppings to the pancakes and serve immediately.
Love, Jenny xxx