Almond butter has been my favourite but butter for many years now, it’s rich and creamy; the perfect spread for toast, dipping apple slices, addition to healthy dessert, topping oatmeal… I could go on, but you probably get the idea. If you’re a big fan of almond butter like I am, then you should definitely give this oatmeal recipe a go!
Almond Coconut Oatmeal
Use organic ingredients whenever possible
3tbsp. almond flour
2/3c. almond coconut milk
1-2tbsp. almond butter
2tsp. coconut sugar
2tbsp. coconut flakes or shreds
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan, add oats, on low heat (This contributes to achieving a creamy smooth consistency)
2. Once water is absorbed, pour in half of the almond coconut milk and stir continuously.
3. Mash up the banana and add to the oats along with the coconut sugar and flakes.
4. Once oats begin to thicken, add remaining milk and stir. Cook until preferred consistency and turn off the heat.
5. Before transferring to a bowl, add the almond butter and mix (I like to leave some chunks of almond butter in there, for that perfect burst of flavour)
Love, Jenny xxx