Ever since I was young when I retuned to my hometown in China, I would always visit this adorable little cheesecake cafe. And even now many years later I still believe they make the best cheesecakes.
This cheesecake was actually made by my sister a while ago, and it tasted phenomenal! After my first bite I immediately asked her for the recipe, which is from veganbaking.net. To top off the perfect taste, it’s raw and vegan!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
Makes a 9inch Cheesecake or 12 mini
1c. hazelnut meal
1/4c. + 2tbsp raw cacao powder
3tbsp. maple syrup
1tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
1. Blend all ingredients for the base together in a food processor until smooth. Press about 1cm thick into the bottom of desired pan and place in fridge to set.
2c. raw cashews (soaked, rinsed)
1/4c. + 2tbsp hazelnut butter (or pb)
1/2c. coconut oil (melted)
1/2c. maple syrup
1/2c. cacao powder
2. In a food processor blend together cashews, maple syrup, water and salt into a smooth mixture.
3. Add the cacao, hazelnut butter and coconut oil to the mixture and continue blending until well combined.
3. Spoon and spread the filling mixture over the base.
4. Return to the freezer and allow to set completely (4hrs for the large and 2hrs for mini)
1/3c. coconut oil (melted)
1/4c. maple syrup
1/4c. cacao powder
5. Meanwhile combine all the ingredients for the chocolate ganache in the food processor, mix until well incorporated and smooth.
6. Once the base and filling has set and ready to serve, remove it from the baking dish. Gently spread a layer chocolate ganache on top and garnish with hazelnuts for an extra touch! (Can be stored in the freezer for a couple of days)
Love, Jenny xxx