Hi there my loves! I’m so sorry for my absence over the last week, I finally snapped out of my lazy holiday mood and got a job! I usually work morning shifts starting at 7am so I rarely have time to prepare a presentable breakfast. Luckily, today is my day off, so of course I am going to utilize it by cooking a bowl of my favourite buckwheat porridge!
I topped mine with fresh fruits, mulberries, tahini (my latest addiction) and Blend.co skin mix. Thanks to the girls from Blend.co for sending me this pack of goodness! This sprinkle is so versatile, I love adding it to my breakfasts (e.g. oatmeal, pancakes, smoothies etc.) It brings just the perfect amount of crunch to the dish, not to mention the lovely combination of flavours! Definitely worth checking out if you have not already!
Peanut Butter Banana Buckwheat Porridge
1/2c. buckwheat groats
1c. almond milk
2 mashed bananas
1/3c. water or non dairy milk
1-2tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
scant handful of raw peanuts
Please remember to soak your buckwheat groats in water overnight. Phytic acid is an acid present in nuts, grains and legumes. Therefore soaking these foods is essential for proper digestion and absorption of their nutrients.
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, then add the buckwheat. Turn the stove to low heat and allow to simmer for approx 3-4 minutes.
2. Once water is absorbed add 1/2 of the almond milk and a mashed banana, stir regularly.
3. Once liquid is absorbed add in the remaining milk, and banana, cook until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Before pouring out into a bowl, stir in the peanut butter and raw peanuts.
5. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
Love, Jenny xxx