If you’ve just recently come to this lifestyle, you may find it takes quite awhile for you to finish your meals, and that’s absolutely fine, as the portions are much larger than you would be used to. My number one tip, if you’re having a fruit meal, is to blend up all the fruits and drink it as a smoothie! Not only are you able to grab and have it on the go, but if you have trouble eating the all the fruit, having it in the form of a smoothie is a lot easier to finish.
Spiced Apple Pie in a Jar
12 pitted medjool dates
1/4c. coconut sugar
1tsp. ground cinnamon
1 chai sachet (optional, adds to the spiced flavour)
700ml. water (preferably filtered)
1. Pour out a cup of water and place the chai sachet inside. Occasionally pull on the string to help the flavour to develop.
2. Meanwhile, core and cut up the apples into slices. Add to the blender with the pitted dates, coconut sugar and cinnamon.
3. After allowing at least 5minutes for the chai tea, pour it into the blender along with the remaining water.
4. Blend on high, until all the contents of the smoothie are well incorporated and the texture is slightly creamy.
5. Pour out and serve immediately.
Love, Jenny xxx