Light n’Fluffy Strawberry Almond Pancakes
Adapted from here
1/4c. wholemeal flour
1-2tbsp. coconut sugar
1/4c. white flour
1tsp. baking powder
1/4tsp. baking soda
1/2tsp. vanilla extract
3/8c. + 1.5tbsp. almond milk
handful of strawberries (sliced)
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, until well incorporated.
2. Measure out the vanilla extract and almond milk.
3. Create a well in the dry ingredients and slowly begin to pour in the wet ingredients.
4. Mix until a viscous texture is achieved, do not overmix- it decreases the fluffiness of the pancakes.
5. Heat up the pan on the stove for 2-3minutes before greasing it with oil (coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil)
6. With a low flame, pour approx. 1/4c. batter onto the pan, shape it into a circle and place a few slices of strawberry into the batter. Try to fit as many pancakes on your pan as possible.
7. Once bubbles begin forming on the surface of the pancake, flip it and allow to cook for 1-2 more minutes.
8. Repeat until all batter has been used up.
9. Stack up and serve immediately! (I recently bought Apple Syrup, which is pretty much just maple syrup but with organic apples instead. Definitely a new favorite!)
Love, Jenny xxx