If any of you remember my eating habits from three years ago, I was all about salads. I wouldn’t even take a second look at any other options on the menu, I would flip straight to the salad section, and from there I would narrow down to the option with the most green, definitely no potatoes, carrots or any sort of root vegetables, no croutons, wild rice or any carbs. Boy, have I grown since then… Looking back at my past self, I can’t believe I was paying $30.00 for a scarce plate of lettuce varieties… Fast forward to today, I would never order a salad at a restaurant- unless it is the only available vegan option- in which case I would be sure to eat a proper meal before or afterwards.
So in remembrance of those salad days, I decided to upgrade it by adding some sustenance to it. Sandwiches are not something I eat often, as most bread has a fair amount of sodium, but every now and then doesn’t hurt! When buying bread remember to read the ingredients to ensure they are all vegan and try to choose a brand which has sodium under 300mg per 100g.
I call this ‘all seasons’ because the ingredients in this recipe are all readily available throughout the year (: I also got the chance to try out this beetroot dip from Organic Indulgence, which I complemented the recipe perfectly. This meal is quick to prep and super yummy- great for a packed lunch or picnics! Check out the recipe below.
All Seasons Salad SANDWICH!
Makes 2 Sandwiches = 1 Serving
- 4 slices of vegan gluten free bread (NOTE: dairy free ≠ vegan- Make sure you check the ingredients list for traces of egg!)
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots or 3 smaller
- Generous handful of alfalfa sprouts
- Organic Indulgence Beetroot dip
- Prep the carrots- by first peeling it, then continue using the peeler to create thin strips out of the entire carrot. Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Assembly: Take the slices of bread, start by spreading beetroot dip over each slice, now add a layer of carrots, followed by the sprouts and tomatoes. Now close two of the slices together producing two lovely sandwiches!
- Pack for lunch or start eating (:
Love, Jenny xxx
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored, all the above are my genuine honest opinions, I only recommend products if I use them and love them!