Banana mylk is a great alternative to other non dairy milks which are generally quite high in fat, as they are often nut based. In this recipe I used oat milk (one of my current favourites!) but feel free to use water if that’s what you prefer. I also added some protein powder which was kindly sent to me from the team at LivWell nutrition (again this is optional). Their products are 100% hypoallergenic, free from soy, gluten, dairy and of course vegan!
Another recent discovery is the Natvia Clusters from Food for Health, although it has a higher fat content than I would usually go for, I do enjoy it every now and then. I would definitely opt for homemade alternatives, but since I no longer live at home and my apartment does not have an oven, I don’t have much choice ):
Well that’s enough of my rambling, onto the recipe!
Banana Mylk Breakfast Nourish Bowl
For the Mylk approx 1L
- 2 bananas
- Half packet LivWell vanilla bean raw plant protein
- 1tbsp. Organic coconut sugar
- 1c. Water
- 1c. Organic oat milk (I used Pure Harvest, alternatively you can add 2c. Water)
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 1-2c. Frozen berries
- 1/3-1/2c. Food for Health Vanilla and Cinnamon clusters (sub. favorite muesli or granola)
- 1tbsp Oliver Sprinkle (awesome mixture of chia seeds, quinoa flakes, sunflower meal, psyllium husks, linseed meal, millet meal, poppy seeds and sesame seeds!)
- Scant 1/4c. Coconut chips
- Natural Delights
- Prepare the banana milk by blending up all the ingredients until smooth. If you would like it to be chilled, I suggest cutting up the bananas and popping them into the freezer the night before.
- Pour into a large bowl and toss ingredients for the nourish bowl. Feel free to mix it up and remember to tag me (@thehealthypursuit) in your instagram creations!
Love, Jenny xxx
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored- All the above are my genuine honest opinions, I only recommend products if I use them and love them!