Milk chocolate and I never got along very well, I’ve always been the dark chocolate kinda gal. During my winter break home in New Zealand I decided to get creative using the Soul Box from Meraki and Co. and made some vegan chocolate bark, chocolate cups and chocolate banana bites. The box contains – organic cacao butter, organic cacao powder, organic rice malt syrup and a silicone mould. If you are interested to find out how to make these delicious treats then please keep reading!
- 200g Cacao butter
- 80g Cacao powder
- 80g Liquid Sweetener (maple syrup, rice malt syrup, agave) More or less depending on personal preference
Optional: goji berries, almond/ walnut slices, vanilla/ coconut essence etc.
- Cut the cacao butter into small pieces and melt over the stove in a stainless steel (heatproof) bowl placed inside a saucepan of hot water.
- Once the butter is completely melted, add in the cacao and mix well using a whisk to ensure there are no clumps within the mixture.
- When it is well incorporated, stir in your preferred liquid sweetener and adjust to personal taste- I found the mixture quite bitter initially, so I added extra sweetener. Now you can also add in extras to further enhance the flavour, I chose to add sliced almonds and a generous handful of goji berries for that added crunch!
- Pour the mixture into a mould or pan, dip in fresh fruit. GET CREATIVE! (: Pop your creations into the fridge or freezer till it has set.
Love, Jenny xxx