So it has been pretty damn hot in Melbourne lately, we reached 35 degrees Celsius last week! Which is about 10 degrees warmer than it ever gets in New Zealand. I’m all about SUMMER, so I ain’t gonna complain about the heat, I mean who doesn’t love the heat?! Hitting the beaches, getting that deep tan, summer nights, and not to mention the amazing array of summer fruits! Watermelon, berries, papaya, pineapple.. MANGOES. I LOVE MANGOES. If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you might have realized that I’m obsessed with blending up frozen mango and bananas. So of course I had to fix myself up a refreshing mango themed smoothie bowl, and it TASTED SO GOOD. It would be cruel of me not to share (;
Mango Bliss Sorbet
- 1-2c. Frozen mango cubes
- 5 bananas
- Soy milk (or your choice of non dairy milk)
- 2 fresh mangoes (for added chill factor, leave in the fridge for a few hours)
- Mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- Coconut shreds
- Muesli (check that it is vegan)
- Add the frozen mango cubes, bananas and a splash of soy milk- adjust to your preferred thickness- for reference, I added approx 1/4c.
- Blend until a smooth consistency is achieved and pour out into a large bowl
- Top the sorbet with the flesh of two fresh mangoes, mixed berries, coconut shreds, muesli- feel free to add your own choice of fruits.
- My favourite part.. Squeezing passionfruit over top! YUMMM This really adds a summer kick to the flavour, TRY IT!
- Devour (immediately!) outside under the SUN
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thehealthypursuit, if you try this out, I would love to see all your creations!
Hope you all have an awesome week (:
Love, Jenny xxx